What is rend-it.com?
rend-it.com is an cloud render farm. Here you can rent render nodes and you can use them in any way related to processor computing. After you rent as many render nodes you may need, you’ll receive remote access to all the render nodes.
How does it work?
First, we’ll provide you with a remote access to a single render node on which you’ll have to make a setup of all your needed software to perform your rendering. After that, if you need this image on multiple render nodes, we will clone the image in our back-end so all of the rented render nodes have the same software setup. After this step is completed, you can start rendering.
What is your hardware specification?
At the time of writing this, we have 4 different setups: nodes with dual Xeon E5-2660 processors, nodes with dual Xeon E5-2665 processors, nodes with Xeon E5-2660v2, and nodes with AMD Epyc 7742 processors. By default, all are equipped with 64GB but depending on your needs, we can either increase or decrease that. This will change your pricing of course – but we can do such adjustments after additional negotiation and under specific terms. So, if you need other memory configuration or want to reduce pricing by lowering the memory – please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Is my work secure with you?
Security is our top priority. We provide you access to your render nodes via IKEv2/IPSec encrypted VPN channel, which guarantees that you’ll be the only one who can access them.
How much storage you provide?
Each render node will have 60GB SSD of system drive, but for network renders, we can provide access to 100GB SSD network storage, if you rent 6 nodes and above. Below this number, we can still provide you with a network storage but for a fee.
How can I select what input to be used for my renders?
Using MaxCloudON Sync Manager or otherwise you can copy it manually.
How can I download my output?
There are two ways you can do that:
- Use MaxCloudON Sync Manager and it download it for you;
- Manually download it from our system when the rendering process is finished
More detailed explanation here
How I can create my VPN connection?
By using our MaxCloudON Sync Manager, navigate to “Settings” page then press “Create VPN” button and our manager will take care of the rest.
* MaxCloudON Sync Manager requires Windows 10 x64 to work properly
What is BYOL?
Bring Your Own License (BYOL) – is a licensing model that lets users/companies use their licenses flexibly. It doesn’t matter if it’s on your own PC on-premise or within the cloud.
The key differences about BYOL are:
- Greater flexibility: With true license mobility, businesses are ready to migrate to and from services with ease – without having to stress about managing multiple licenses for the identical product across multiple platforms and services.
- Reduction/Removal of Upfront Cost: When upscaling the use of software, having the ability to share and migrate your license means saving huge costs upfront. Using licenses across multiple services can increase expenses by a large margin.
- Increased Freedom of Use: Within the license terms, businesses have the freedom they deserve to use the software as they need.
Why BYOL is built differently?
The issue with many traditional software licenses is their restrictive policies. A license, often, is tied to a selected server or to a selected kind of server (e.g. on-premise), so it can’t be re-used when deployments happen within the cloud without violating the contract.
BYOL licenses let users allocate their licenses more flexibly; e.g. on an actual physical server (the dedicated host) with containers or multiple virtual machines. The user can then target and reuse specific physical servers while staying within the confines of their existing software licenses.